This post is all about Vegan Asian Kale Watermelon Salad
The Easiest Salad to Throw Together
This salad is super simple to throw together and you can use literally any veggies you’d like. The main key is to add the watermelon for that pop of refreshing sweetness. I know it sounds really weird but it’s so good.
Use any vegetables you like
I used some of the veggies I had on hand like radishes, carrots, and zoodled zucchini. You can of course change any of these with something you like better. Snap peas and mushrooms would be amazing for sure. Let me know if you’re brave enough to try this and what you think. I’ve been eating this everyday this week and I’m still loving it.
Asian Kale Watermelon Salad + Sesame Peanut Dressing (Vegan+GF)
Sesame Peanut Suace:
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 2 cups fresh watermelon in small cubes
- 3-4 mandarins peeled and separated
- 3 cups fresh kale stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage finely chopped
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced
- 1 cup red radishes thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Stir together the ingredients for the sauce in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
Add all the fresh fruits and veggies to the bowl and toss to coat completely.