So It’s the weekend and I know we’ve all got life going on all around us so I’m keeping it short and sweet today. I’m just popping in to share this smoothie recipe that I made this past week because it’s one any smoothie lover is going to be thrilled with.
That is, of course, unless you’re one of those fruity smoothie people who think chocolate should be strictly in desserts. You’re not, right???
This smoothie is simple, fast, and only a few ingredients. It’s also gluten free, dairy free, and vegan, and you can adapt it very easily too. For example, peanut butter is a great sub for the tahini and if you want it creamier just trade out the almond milk for regular or some lite coconut cream for something really decadent!
Chocolate Tahini Smoothie
Find out that there are more ways than one to enjoy tahini when you try this chocolatey smoothie!
- 1 tablespoon tahini sesame seed paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk plain or vanilla
- 1/2 of a large banana or a whole one for a thicker and more filling smoothie
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup ice optional
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup or to taste (use stevia for a sugar free option)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt optional but so good!
- Optional garnishes: sasame seeds cocoa powder, shaved dark chocolate
Combine all of your ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Top with some shaved dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and/or sesame seeds if you want. That's it, enjoy!